189 West 12th Street
Holland, MI 49423
© John Canfield
All rights Reserved
Canfield Design Studios, Inc.
John Canfield has worked as an independent management consultant with hundreds of company leaders throughout the world helping organizations build improvement and innovation capability since 1990. John is an experienced seminar leader who has been trained to facilitate a wide variety of planning, problem solving, creativity, and project leadership processes and tools.
• Training with Santa Clara University, Tulane University, Advanced Practical Thinking (trainer for Edward de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats and Lateral Thinking), The American Supplier Institute (QFD, DOE), W. Edwards Deming, Designed Learning (Consulting Skills), Eureka Ranch (creativity), GOAL/QPC (Hoshin Planning), Global Business Network (Scenario Planning Facilitator), Innovation Associates (Leadership & Mastery), Lean Enterprise Institute (Lean Thinking, Leading Lean Thinking), Sandra Janoff and Marvin Weisbord (Future Search) and Juran Quality Institute (Management of Quality).
• B.S. in Mechanical & Industrial Engineering from the University of Minnesota.
• B.A. in Political Science and Psychology from Williams College.
• Thirty five years of individual and organization development leadership.
• Training and experience in both the people and equipment sides of processes. Extensive background in working with all levels of employees in many types of organizations.
• Instructor and consultant for Advanced Practical Thinking Training, The American Management Association, The Canadian Management Center, The American Supplier Institute, The Forum Corporation, General Electric Financial Services (Six Sigma Black Belt instructor), GOAL/QPC (Creative Thinking Skills), Grand Rapids Community College (creativity and innovation) International Quality and Productivity Center (Collaboration Skills) Leadership Strategies (Core Facilitator), Lean Enterprise Institute (leading Lean and Six Sigma improvement teams), Grand Rapids’ Right Place Program, Marcus Evans, Outward Bound’s Professional Development Program, the Singapore Institute of Management.
• Director of Corporate Quality and Design Research for Herman Miller.
• Senior Manager of Training, Development, and Quality Improvement; Manager of Quality and Reliability Qualification Center; Project Manager of Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Process Control, and Training for Intel Corporation.
• Cross-cultural experience - 35+ countries in Americas, Caribbean, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and South East Asia.
• John is also a former student and later instructor of Outward Bound, Outward Bound's Professional Development Program, and the National Outdoor Leadership School; Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Maine, Wyoming, and Kenya.